28 Jul Waterberg Game Lodges – Unparalleled Bushveld Experiences
Our Waterberg Game Lodges Offer an Unparalleled African Bushveld Experience
Everyone should experience an authentic African safari at least once in their lives. There is nothing like the crisp air on those early morning drives or seeing the sun setting over the bushveld during a sundowner safari. Immersing yourself in nature this way is eye-opening and meaningful, and will leave you with fond memories for years to come. We, at Welgevonden Game Reserve, offer our guests the unique opportunity to explore the beauty of South Africa while staying at one of our luxurious Waterberg game lodges.
A Few Fascinating Facts About the Reserve
The Welgevonden Game Reserve is located within the Waterberg District of South Africa’s Limpopo province. It also happens to be nestled within the UNESCO Waterberg Biosphere Reserve, which has a wide range of ecological characteristics and is one of the most important San rock art areas in the country. The region is arid, but the Waterberg also functions as a water reservoir. It is here where a serendipitous discovery, or a “well-found” adventure, awaits you – as is the meaning of the Dutch word “welgevonden”. There are also a few interesting facts about our reserve and the game lodges located within it:
- The reserve is close to Gauteng, being only a 2,5-hour drive away, or, if you prefer a flight into one of the airstrips, 45 minutes from Johannesburg.
- We are a Big Five game reserve, which means guests staying at one of our lodges have the opportunity to spot lions, rhinos, leopards, elephants, and buffalos.
- Our reserve is home to over 65 mammal species and 300 bird species – as well as some rare animals, like cheetahs, aardvarks, and caracals.
- Not only are our game lodges accessible, but we are located in a malaria-free area. This makes us a premier option for Gauteng guests who do not want to travel far or risk malaria to enjoy the bushveld.
- Our private reserve expands to 36 000 ha of vast, mountainous bushveld, breathtaking grasslands, and rocky ravines.
- Those curious enough to explore can enjoy a guided safari and view the ancient bushman rock art around the reserve.
- Our conservation team is committed to its research, environmental projects, and the development of technologies that protect our beautiful country’s biodiversity.
Book a Stay at One of Our World-class Waterberg Game Lodges
If you are looking for a leisurely holiday in the lap of luxury and the chance to enjoy the bushveld adventure of a lifetime, our Waterberg game lodges offer the accommodation and wildlife experience you are seeking. To book your stay, fill out our online form or give us a call.